Last Update June 16, 2021
PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Who We Are. For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal Information is the Society of Kabalarians of Canada, 1160 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6H 1J1, Canada.
Must-Read Sections. We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled "International Data Transfer" and "Information Choices and Changes."
Changes to This Policy. We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our Site and Services. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it frequently. The "Last Updated" legend above indicates when this Policy was last changed. If we make any material changes to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Site prior to those changes taking effect.
Our entire site uses the https:// secure protocol for all transmissions. Click the Network Solution's certification seal below for full details and authentication.
WHAT WE COLLECT
There is a range of information we need to collect about you so that we can operate kabalarians.com. This information may include:
- Information You Give Us. We collect your email address, password, country of residence, your name and birthdate information on your Personal Home Page ("Account") when you order a free Name Report, Balanced Name Recommendation, or Cycle Chart.
- User IDs and Passwords. This provides you with access to your profile areas and to protected content. Account Information — Tells us more about who you are, how to contact you, and your shipping and billing information. Also contains any preferences you have provided, such as language, email format, and interests.
- Customer Feedback and Support. This provides a mechanism for requesting information from the Society of Kabalarians, and a way that you can make comments that will help us improve our products, services and site designs.
- Email Correspondence. We use your emails to respond to issues and inquiries of all types. We also use your email to deliver and distribute information about the Society of Kabalarians, our products, and services.
- Transactions. We collect information on the products and services you have requested or ordered.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your device. For example, when using kabalarians.com, we log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, the referring website, pages you viewed, and access times.
- Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on kabalarians.com.
- The Society of Kabalarians will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.
Our Privacy Commitment
The Kabalarian Philosophy and the Society of Kabalarians of Canada (collectively, the "Society of Kabalarians") have been providing Balanced Name Recommendations, Name Reports, and other services to the public for over 88 years. We are a provincially registered non-profit society in Canada.
We, at the Society of Kabalarians are firmly committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of our customers', students', and members' ("customers") personal information.
Our policy is that all the information you provide us is kept strictly private and confidential and is used only in preparing your Name Report, Cycle Chart, and Balanced Name Recommendations.
- What personal information may be collected from you
- How is the personal information used
- With whom may the information be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and disclosure of the information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control
- How can you correct any inaccuracies in the information
- How long do we keep your personal information
HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION
Shipping companies (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.) may also need access to some of your personal information. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We provide these companies with the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction. We do not otherwise share your personal information with third-parties, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
Our Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as shopping cart, payment processing, information technology, email delivery, and other similar services. We require that our third-party service providers use your personal information only to provide the services you have requested.
Office Staff Access
Access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their job in our office to prepare Name Reports, Cycle Charts, Balanced Name Recommendations, and online course support.
We may collect and possibly share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Society of Kabalarians' terms and conditions, or as otherwise required by law. We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may share personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national securlty or law enforcement requirements: (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
When we use the term "anonymous data," we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party. We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information, such as your name, that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns in order to make improvements to kabalarians.com.
We use several types of cookies on kabalarians.com:
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our site. For example, when you sign in to kabalarians.com to view a Name Report or sign into your Personal Home Page, we may send cookies to your device so that we can identify you as a user.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to remember choices you make when you use kabalarians.com, such as your country. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to kabalarians.com and how users use the site. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve kabalarians.com.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from kabalarians.com with your browser settings. For step-by-step instructions, please check your browsers help section. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how kabalarians.com works for you. Certain cookies are required to enable core site functionality, and you cannot choose to disable those session cookies.
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of our web site. Some areas will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled. For example, our ecommerce site and shopping cart uses session cookies and persistent cookies to process transactions. If you do not accept cookies, the associated shopping cart will not work and you would not be able to order.
We do not have any interest-based advertising on our website.
We use Google Analytics, a service which collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. To learn more about the information collected by Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Opt-out. You can contact us any time to opt-out of (a) promotional communications, (b) any new processing of your personal information that we may carry out beyond the original purpose, or (c) the transfer of your personal information outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Site or Services may be ineffective upon opt-out. Each email newsletter has instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Access. You can access the information we hold about you at any time by viewing your account on kabalarians.com or by contacting us directly.
Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal information.
Move. Your personal information is portable — i.e. you have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish. Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, in your request, please make clear (a) what personal information is concerned, and (b) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting the change or deletion unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes). When you receive promotional emails from us, you can also unsubscribe or opt-out by clicking the link at the bottom of any of the emails. You can't opt-out of receiving administrative communications.
CONTACT THE PRIVACY PROTECTION OFFICER
- Contact information (your name, address, email address, etc.)
- Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.)
Note: This policy also covers the personal information you provide to the Society of Kabalarians Customer Support.
Have Additional Questions or Comments?
Q: What should I do if I have a privacy question after reading the policy and FAQs?
A: As always, you can send your privacy questions and comments to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use these items as input to future FAQs. Please send technical support questions to the technical support department.
Q: Does this policy also cover personal information collected offline?
A: Yes. We strive to have consistent privacy practices for your personal information, regardless of the medium used to collect the information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to Canada and the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using kabalarians.com, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal information in order to provide you with access to kabalarians.com. If you do not agree to our use of your personal information in line with this Policy, please do not use kabalarians.com.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the next paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal data such as social security numbers, etc. If you send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us when you submit user-generated content to kabalarians.com, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data you must not submit such user-generated content to kabalarians.com.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN AND MINORS
Kabalarians.com does not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors under the age of 18 without parental approval. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child/minor has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact our office and we will delete such information as soon as reasonably practicable.
The Kabalarian Philosophy encourages parents to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child's or minor's online experience safer:
- Teach children/minors never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult, including name, address, phone, school, etc.
- Know the sites your children and minors are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for Web site privacy policies. Know how your child's or minor's information is treated.
USER TESTIMONIALS AND FEEDBACK
We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services, and we occasionally publish them. We obtain the user's consent prior to posting any feedback on a public area of the site.
GENERAL PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Principle 1 - Accountability
The Society of Kabalarians is responsible for maintaining and protecting customer personal information under its control. Society has formed a Privacy Team comprised of associates who are accountable for Society of Kabalarians' compliance with our Ten Privacy Principles.
Principle 2 - Identifying purposes
The purpose for collecting personal information from people will be identified before the information is collected.
Principle 3 - Consent
We shall require the customer's knowledge and consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of their personal information, except where required or permitted by law.
Principle 4 - Limiting Collection
Any personal information we collect from our customer, by fair and lawful means, will be limited to only those details necessary for the identified purpose. We will not collect more information than we need to fulfill the purpose identified to our customer.
Principle 5 - Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Our customer's personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the customer's consent or as required by law. We will keep customer's personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose identified to our customer.
Principle 6 - Accuracy
We will keep our customer's personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Principle 7 - Safeguards
Customer's personal information shall be protected with security measures that are appropriate for the sensitivity level of the information.
Principle 8 - Openness
We will provide and make readily available to customers information on our policies, procedures and practices relating to how the customer's personal information is managed.
Principle 9 - Customer Access
Upon request, a customer will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information. A customer may verify the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Principle 10 - Compliance
A customer may forward any questions or enquiries about compliance with these privacy principles to our Privacy Team Coordinator at email@example.com.
Thought for the Day